Friday 21 February 2020

Into the Winter Woods in Sorel Boots




Hahaha.  When you live where I live you need to own a pair of Sorrel boots.  Yep.  You want to keep your toes warm and cozy, you get a pair.  They aren't much a fashion statement, and I certainly don't wear them for doing my errands but I do wear them for getting outdoors and enjoying our long winters.  I used to buy cheaper versions of the same thing and they just never got the job done, honestly.  Several years ago now I bit the bullet, paid the full price and have never looked back.  We even invested in the same pair for our oldest last winter and she loves them too!  I wear them for outdoor supervision and anytime we go to play outdoors and each time my toes thank me for it.  


So while out at the cabin over the winter holidays we had some amazingly warm weather.  We enjoyed a walk with the pups and then a quite hot chocolate while looking out on the frozen lake.  Though we had our jackets, mitts and toques, it was warmish and I took the opportunity to take these pictures (minus the winter coat).  On warm days, when spring is upon us, I would totally be caught wearing this while at the lake. I like my sorrel boots even as the temperatures warm up because as the snow begins to melt, they keep my feet dry, because of the thick rubber soles and rubber bottoms.  Often it's still too chilly just for rain boots in the early days of melting. Also, if I am at a ski resort, you bet this would be my go- to outfit.  Sporty, cozy and chic.


And how much do I adore this zebra print sweater!!!!  It pairs well jeans, my suede skirt, faux leather leggings and over my favorite pair of denim overalls.  It's super soft and every time I wear it to work, someone or several people, end up petting me. Hahahaha.





Shop This Post:
Sorel Women's Caribou Boots (Cabela's on sale $149.99)
H & M Zebra Sweater (on sale for $29.99)

18 comments:

  1. Love that fun sweater!! Even though I live in the south I have a pair of Sorel boots that I got on sale a few years ago. I have ruined a pair of boots sledding so I figured they were a good investment for the years we get snow!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are a one time investment and then you are good for years. That's what I told myself and so far so good.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh those boots are amazing! They look so comfy and cosy xo

    MakeupMuddle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are so comfortable, warm and keep your feet dry. In our cold and snowy weather it's a win, win, win.

      Delete
  3. You and your pups are such cute snow bunnies. I really like how that headband shows off your pretty face.

    I love snow. And I love rugged boots. If those Sorels keep you warm and dry, I think you are adorable in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. Comfort and functionality in real life trump fashion. I used to look for "cute" options of the real deal for our frigid temperatures but finally gave up and have 0 regrets. I don't know how pups do it without warm booties 😆

      Delete
  4. What a fun cosy knit! Such cute pics with your dog too :) We don't have Sorel boots here but our weather doesn't really make the necessary, haha! I do know a lot of bloggers love them for the snow!

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think you are pretty safe without them in Australia. Hahahaha. They keep my toes toasty warm especially when I am outside on supervision at school or out playing in the winter for long periods of time.

      Delete
  5. Your winter style is so cute! Love your Sorel boots and your zebra sweater!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. It seems like this winter has been staying really nice for the most part and fingers crossed maybe spring will arrive at the end of March (but that might be pushing it).

      Delete
  6. Sorel boots are so warm! Love 'em!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is the cutest! I've heard amazing things about Sorel boots! I don't have a pair yet, but I have a similar pair. I know I will invest someday because they are so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bo, I think your Sorrel boots are perfectly fashionable and totally on trend for a cute winter outfit! And that zebra sweater is so adorable! What lovely snowy pictures. Thanks for linking up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my best buddies recommended this website and I owe it to her. She helped me to find this nice website. I appreciate your nice work. Keep continuing helping others. I will refer this site to other people like my best buddy. Thanks.
    Hug & blesses!
    Click this post to read more.

    ReplyDelete