Monday 4 December 2023

Holiday Dresses: Borrow, Rent or Buy?





 Are you ready for holiday parties and formal events?   I love a good event to get all dressed up for but honestly it rarely happens so I get extra excited to get all dressed up.  This year my dad is officially retiring from his work place, and they are wanting to give him a formal goodbye at the company's annual holiday party, so they have  invited us to join them.  If you follow me on IG, you know in early fall I was invited to join my BFF for a formal awards event in our city and I was seeking help on picking my outfit.  I loved playing dress up and deciding what to wear.  This deep blue, silk dress was the winner!  When it comes to fancy dresses, I own a few, but it's a good idea to trade with friends to get more wear out of them.  This dress was borrowed from my sisters closet.  It  flows beautifully, it's a little bit sexy with the slit and I love the way it showcases my shoulders and arms.  The halter top also means that you don't need a statement piece around the neck, and I kept things simple with dangly earrings and stacked bracelets.  I added a shawl to wrap up in case of a chill and I was good to go.  I truly felt beautiful and although I will not be wearing it to my dads event as it's been returned, I might be choosing one of the other three options below.











What should I wear for my next event?


Shop this post:

(similar less formal and on sale Dynamite)



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of borrowing a special dress from a friend! For your dad's retirement even, I am liking the middle outfit. It is fun to dress up and I don't have many occasions either. But with my brother's wedding and my Goddaughter's last year, I now have two really nice dresses. And I find other occasions for the other less dressy but still a little fancy pieces.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your dad's upcoming retirement! My old job used to have a 'prom' each year and it was so fun getting dressed up for it. That is exciting they'll announce it at their holiday party and they let him bring his family! That blue dress is gorgeous on you!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I can't remember the last time I needed to wear anything even close to formal dress (maybe my sister's wedding?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue dress is so beautiful on you! Love the black off the shoulder dress for your next event!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete