Tuesday 29 March 2016

Style Perspective: Colored Pants on the Hiking Trail

Finally sunshine and warmth here in Saskatchewan has found us once again!!!!!!  The weather was so amazing today that we ventured outside to soak up the vitamin D and work off the endless chocolate that has overtaken our pantry, cupboards, the girls bedrooms and my meal times.  I saw this post on FB and unfortunately it's pretty much bang on about how I have been feeling for the past three days. 

 

Logan, the girls and I headed out to do some hiking and we saw several chickadees that ate right out of our hands.  

What did I wear?  Well, I was inspired to wear my bright pants, which just happens to be the Blended Blogs style perspective stem for the week; make sure to head over there to see how others styled their colored pants.  I've been contemplating purchasing a spring colored pant but honestly I just haven't gotten around to it and I am kind of trying NOT to buy clothing right now.  Anyway  I dug out my fall/winter pair of maroon pants and just styled them to work for both mommy daytime and for the office.  What I wore today was the chambray, an old time favorite, the pants, my puffer vest, and rubber boots for the hike (I usually would have worn my lulu's but I was too lazy to change after taking a few pictures for the post) 

For the office, I'd style it more like this.

And I have to share with your this light, perfect for the spring, dove patterned, cap sleeved t-shirt, with a knitted back.  It'd beautiful, my pictures do not do it justice, but I know I will get a ton of wear out of it.  

 










Shop this post:

Chambray shirt:  Gap

Pants (similar and 1/2 price): RW & Co

Printed T-shirt: R.W. & Co 

Pumps (similar): Nine West

 

 
 

18 comments:

  1. I love those burgundy pants and how you styled them! That print top is so pretty, I need more print tops in my life!

    Simply Shaunacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaunacey. I am just venturing down the "printed top" lane and I must say I like it. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous combo and yay to this beautiful weather (and holidays). I love the outfit with the chambray and vest...I could totally create that look too. Speaking of which, I have yet to break out the Hunters...going to find them now! Thanks for participating- I always love seeing what you wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deena. Hope you are having a great week off. Sad news, my new Hunters, like 2 weeks old, and the fabric on the back is already coming apart. :( I am hoping they will have some in-store and I can just exchange them.

      Delete
    2. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T WORN YOUR HUNTER"S YET?!?!?! Seriously, I have been wearing them multiple times a week for at least 6 weeks. . . . Okay. As I wrote that last sentence I realized that you have duck boots, so likely those got worn a lot with the slushy weather. This makes more sense now! LOL I agree with you on Bo's outfit. I LOVE the chambray and vest. Love your fashion posts, Bo!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I am Ada. I found you via The Blended Blog. I am glad I stopped by. What a cute outfit. I love that blouse. I love bright pants especially if they are red or burgundy. =)

    Welcome by and linkup with me for "Thursday Moda" tomorrow. I would love to have you join it. Thanks, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada, thank you for stopping by. I will be sure to head over for Thursday Moda as a reader.

      Delete
  4. Love these burgundy pants - so cute for hiking or the office! Thanks so much for linking up with Style Perspectives today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing fit on your burgundy pants, girlfriend! Love that delicate print top, too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me and stopping by. Also thank you for the complement.

      Delete
  6. Stopping by from the Blended Blog link up! I searched and searched for the perfect pair of burgundy pants last fall but alas, I never found them! I really love that sweet little spring tee! And birds eating right out of your hand?? Really?! Wow!
    ~Sheila
    Making the Most of Every Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I know exactly what you mean about the search for the pants! I searched for the perfect fit and color last fall as well and then I finally found them only to slip on the ice last spring and put a huge hole in the knee. A few months ago I came across these at Banana Republic for $10!!!!!! I couldn't resist. The chickadees were so sweet and my girls eyes just lit up every time a little bird landed in their hands.

      Delete
  7. I really like the R W and Co blouse with the burgundy pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad I purchased it and have a feeling it will be in my regular rotation.

      Delete
  8. I love the color of these pants, and they're perfect with the chambray! So glad to see you in our link up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana. I am heading over to see your style right now and looking forward to it.

      Delete
  9. That first image made me giggle, as I'm eating a chocolate Easter egg as I type, ha!

    Love how you've worn your burgundy pants - the chambray shirt looks great with them. I wish I had a chambray shirt to wear with my burgundy pants - finding the perfect one is on my wishlist! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Maci. I know the chocolate has been my nemesis for days now. At least you have an excuse, you just had a baby, you need extra calories to produce milk, :)

      It took me FOREVER to find a chambray shirt that I liked. Not too big, not too thick, not too bulky. I finally found this one at the GAP a few years ago, I am pretty sure it's the same one I have in my link above. Best of luck on your search.

      Delete