Wednesday 14 September 2016

Weekend Wear

Around here the weather has been changing on a daily basis which means I am tappin' into both my summer and fall wardrobe.  I always post my work related outfits, so this week I am switching gears and showcasing two very casual, mommy outfits. Realistically when I get home from work, or on the weekends, I wear very comfy, casual clothing.   My first outfit is all about the embracing the change in the season, while the second one is about hanging on to summer for just a little bit longer. 

 

Look #1 The comfy and sporty look.  Honestly I should probably share more of these because they are truly what I mostly live in.  I am a fairly active person who enjoys running, boot camp, walking,  biking, and exploring the outdoors. Lately we have been getting outside and exploring various hiking trails right here in our city.  It started with Logan and I taking the dog for daily walks by our river in the city while our girls were away in B.C. with my parents.  Since the girls have returned we have been sharing these new found places with them and  have enjoyed getting outdoors as a family.  Being outside fills "my bucket" (if you are a parent or a teacher you are familiar with this story, Have You Filled a Bucket Today?). 

 

Most of my "off time" is spent wearing lululemon athletic wear  all year long.  The thing about lululemon gear is that you really don't need to have a lot of it.  I have a couple of long pants, couple of capris, couple of pairs of shorts, 4 tank tops and 3 long sleeved tops.  I have had these items for YEARS and I just keep washing and wearing them; and I wear them all the time for both running and leisure activities.




Look #2   I just love this crop top!  I was somewhat hesitant to purchase a crop top at my age, but I am so glad that I did.  :)   I paired it up with my skinny jeans and flats for a casual look for a family gathering. It was a warm weekend and we spent a lot of time just hanging out in a hall. 

I have also paired this top with my culotte pants (here) for work.  I am going to keep this top in my rotation through the fall season and pair it up with my navy blazer and also my jean jacket. 



 

Crop Top: Top Shop

Jessica Simpson Kiss Me Skinny Jeans: The Bay

Guess flats (similar)

 

 For more fashion inspiration head on over to the Blended Blog and Thread for Thomas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment