Thursday 13 July 2017

Bo's Beach Must Haves & Embracing My Body

Beach 2017 Must Haves

 

Oh the beach and my love and hate relationship with it. 

I love the water. 

The sun. 

Boating. 

 Feeling the weight of "adulting" seep out of my body and evaporate into thin air. 

 
 
 

BUT I don't especially like finding the right bathing suit for the occasion.  I've never had a six pack, unless you are talking about the beer kind in which case I've had a few in my day.  I work hard to stay in shape by running and watching what I put into my mouth, but my body is what it is and I've worked hard to embrace it as it is.

 
 

A couple of years ago as I sat with my three mommy friends, I realized that I was the only one sporting a bright, pink bikini.  I became super self-conscious, not because they made me feel this way but because that's just the way I am.  I went out a bought a very expensive, one piece, black bathing suit shortly after.  I really like how it looks on me but truth be told I don't wear it a lot.  The real point of this is that I doubted myself and what I was wearing.  Why do we do that to ourselves?  Is there an acceptable/unacceptable age for wearing a bikini?  Who decides?

 

I have two little girls and I want them to grow up to be confident.  Strong.  Healthy.  To lead an active lifestyle.  To be aware of their own judgments and to work on them.   To elevate others and themselves.  To be proud. 

 

 

So today, and most days, I put on my bikini and I show them that even though I may not always be happy with my body, that I don't have to hide it.  I can choose to wear a bikini, a tankini, a one piece, a cover-up, a rash guard, to put on make-up or to show the scars on my face from acne.  So here I am laying it all out there. 

 

 

I will say that I find La Vie En Rose to be a great place to find a bathing suit that fits my body at a great price.  What I love most about them is that the bottoms, have a soft fabric that comes over my middle and doesn't cut and squish everything out to the side.  Haha.  I also love my rash guard for water sports and for playing around on the beach.  Give me a cover-up or a summer dress, pair of sunniessandals and I am a happy beach goer. 

 

What are your beach wear staples?  Tell me where you find your bathing suits.  Enjoy your summer and wear whatever makes you feel fabulous!

 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I think that's the perfect reason to rock a bikini- show the girls who's the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Bo! You have a gorgeous body and I'm so happy that you are such a positive role model to your daughters. A bikini body is a body wearing a bikini - it's that simple, haha!

    I really like asos for beach wear and I recently found some great ones at swimsuits for all!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A bikini body is a body wearing a bikini" I love that!!!! Simple, yet brilliant.

      I will for sure stop by and checkout asos. Is there stuff true to size or does it vary?

      Delete
  3. Why would you want to hide such a super figure anyway? I love the photo of you and your girls just abut to dive in. xx
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. That's very kind of you. We love anchoring the boat and just swimming around, it's like a treat for the kids after we do our water sports. :)

      Delete