Friday 4 August 2017

Fashion Friday: In Full Blossom (Wedding Wear)



Last weekend we went to Mr.K’s cousins wedding.  It was lovely to see two young, high school, sweethearts, take the vows and move into a new chapter of their life.  I might be partially biased, Mr.K and I took the leap at the age of 21, but I love watching young love grow into lifetime commitment.  I feel like Mr. K and I have literally grown up together, and have had to make changes and adjustments as a couple every step of the way, since we were 17.  (Of course I know it doesn't always work out that way but so far so good). 



The wedding was outdoors on a farm and Anya took the opportunity to pose and explore the beautiful garden there.  We had one extra child, our nephew, who stays with us for a couple of weeks each summer.  Didn’t they all clean up nice? 

 


We have been at the lake more or less the whole summer and so I didn’t buy anything new for the wedding.  Instead I posted on INSTAGRAM and had my friends help me choose an outfit and so this is what I wore. 

 


I love how full this skirt is from Chickwish, but I don’t get to wear it nearly often enough as we don’t go to fancy events much.  I paired it up with a pink RW & Co. top from last year, some H & B rose gold jewellery and nude heels.  Nude heels are a MUST for every girl.  Seriously I wear mine all the time, and they are my go to for most of spring/summer, much more so then my black heels.  The ones I am wearing are 424 Fifth and I love the strappy detail, but my ultimate favorites are the Nine West mid-heel. 

Between the weeding and the dinner we explored the little town and we found this abandoned old, one room school house.  Being a teacher I just couldn’t resist the history and snapping some shots. 

 


Have a great weekend all! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it. I love how you can dress it up and make it super girly or it can easily be dressed down. Hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. I have paired it up with a cute graphic tee and denim jacket but no pictures, go figure. Summer is fantastic and hard to think of it ending soon. You guys?

      Delete
  2. I love your skirt so petty! :)

    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty skirt and I love that the black lace detail on the top continues on to the back! Makes the outfit special from every angle. Thanks for linking up with Thursday Moda!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete