Friday 27 September 2019

Casual Fall Outfit & Sharing Clothing With My Daughter




It finally happened!  I BORROWED something from my daughters closet!  In fact I not only borrowed it but I am featuring it right here on the blog.  See this super cozy, bold, cheery, fun stripped sweater?  It's hers!  Yep, it belongs to my 12.5 year old and we are now officially going into each others closets.  By that, I mean she's gone into mine a few times and this is a first for me, but I feel like I am entering a new world.  Hahahaha.  


We ventured out to our annual corn maze family day.  This is my favorite fall tradition, well this and trick or treating as a family.  We've been going to the Rosthern Youth Corn Maze as long as I can remember, see picture below of my little ones, and we always have a blast.  It's also become a perfect backdrop for a cozy fall outfit, see here and here.  This year I wanted to showcase my favorite pair of jeans, high waisted, Rockstar jeans from ON.  I love the fit of these jeans.  I almost always buy the Rockstars from ON because they are consistent in size, structure, fit, durability and the price can't be beat.  I instantly knew I wanted to feature a cozy, comfortable and oversized sweater with them.  I don't have one but if you read my picks for fall 2019 trends last week, see here, you know that's something I want to add to my closet.  Now that I am not wearing office attire 80% of the time, I feel like I can add a few casual sweaters back into my wardrobe and I can wear them to work and around town.  This particular top came from Urban Planet but I am linking up a few other options for you below.  I am also into hair accessories since spring, so this little cute leopard print side clip was the icing on the cake.


A few of the family enjoying the day :)  

My babies and I at the maze 7 years ago.  Gosh I miss them being so little.


Anya taping her first youtube video.  

Collecting all the stamps.  4th year in a row!!!

We earned our treats.  Yummy pumpkin donuts.  



Happy weekend everyone.

Shop This Post: 

ON Jeans

Stripped Oversized Sweater:  Belong Lifestyle; Amazon; ZafulSimons






13 comments:

  1. Oh, just wait till they get older & raid that closet of yours & you never see your cute things again :) LOL
    PUMPKIN DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. I guess that's probably true. The I borrowed it "forever".

      Delete
  2. I think her sweater needs to stay in your closet lol! Perfect for fall!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striped sweaters are so IN for Fall! You made a great decision on the item to borrow from your daughter! I actually borrowed my "First" item from my daughter last winter - her duck boots (that was a Christmas present from us!). We don't have the same tastes in clothing, but it's nice to be able to borrow at least one thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually remember reading that on either IG or your blog. Hahahaha. We don't really have super similar tastes either but there are a few things here and there. THanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog :-)
    You all look fantastic in these outfits and so perfectly dressed for the occasion! My 13 year old reached my height now and I will definitely be borrowing some of her clothes. She suggested yesterday I do some fashion pictures with her new sweater. So fun when you can share clothes with the kids!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to pop on by. Sounds like we are in a pretty similar phase on life. :)

      Delete
  5. What a cute striped knit! it's so nice you can share clothes with your daughter! i have a few pieces from my mum's wardrobe in my own wardrobe, haha!

    Hope that your week is going well :) Thank you for linking up with the #weekdaywearlinkup!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you swap with your mom. I mostly get hand-me-downs from my sister who has awesome taste and loves to shop.

      Delete
  6. Bo, how adorable! I love this bold stripey sweater, too. Can’t say I blame you for borrowing it from your daughter! And she is only 12 and it looks like she is taller than you! I have found myself lately slipping on my 8 year old son’s sandals to run outside. Why my feet fit in my 8 year old’s shoes is beyond me...I don’t even have small feet! They grow so quickly! Your girls are beautiful. Thanks for linking up with me this week.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and cozy sweater! Love the bold stripes! My daughter has borrowed my clothes for years but it was only recently I started raiding her closet!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. This spring, think bright colors, bold patterns and risky styles that can revitalize your closet and make you feel like a new woman.
    https://atriumproperties.net/

    ReplyDelete