Tuesday 7 January 2020

Sentence a Day: Christmas Holiday Edition

Christmas Vacation Recap


I had an absolutely amazing Christmas vacation this year.  Truly, it may be one of my favorites, well you know except the year I gave birth to Anya.  Sometimes the break is gone in a blink of an eye.  This year I feel like I got just enough of everything in the best way possible.  Family. Friends. Time with the girls.  Time with my husband.  Time in the city and time outdoors. Time to sleep.  I slept a LOT, like 9 -10 hours a night, my average is 6 -7 hours. All in all, I am so happy and fulfilled right now and I actually feel ready to get back to reality.


Dec.21  We celebrated Anya's birthday with family all around.   Read my letter to my 10 year old HERE.


 



















Dec. 22   We ventured out to watch the local theaters production of the ELF.  Everyone had a blast, laughed a lot and we followed it up by going for sushi.  We also were able do a quick little photo shoot of the girls.   

























Dec. 23rd. The kids wanted to venture through the mall.  Anya wanted her friend to go along so I took them.  It was fairly low key. 


Dec. 24th Christmas Eve!  Proud mom moment here.  Anya approached me that the thing she wanted to do with our Elf Buddy on his last day, was to go downtown and prepare packages to handout to homeless people.  So that's what we did.  We made sandwiches, put some consumable snacks and also went to buy super warm socks for each package.  It was a wonderful opportunity for us not it to give back but interact with people in our community that we don't often get to talk to.   





Christmas Eve we went to Mass and then had family over for an evening of food, drink, stories and celebrations . 




Dec. 25 Christmas Day!  Spoiled all around.  Santa was kind to everyone and everyone felt very thankful.  We all shared a lunch together at our home and we had dinner together with my family in the evening. 




Dec. 26th We drove to Logan's side of the family for our next Christmas meal.  We spent time with cousins and had an opportunity to meet the newest baby on that side of the family. 


Dec. 27th The kids got out ski-dooing and playing with their cousins before returning back to the city.   


Dec. 28 Cleaned the house and Logan and I had an unexpected dinner invitation from childhood friends.  We were out past midnight and I took the occasion to get dressed up because why not? 



























Dec. 29 Sledding with the kiddos.  The sun was shining and the weather was right!

 























Dec. 30 Off to our happy place.  The cabin! 


Dec. 31 I began the day off by reaching my goal of running everyday in December.  It was a great way to keep the stress and busyness of the season from overwhelming me and I am so happy that I was healthy enough to do it.  

We brought in the New Year  with  lake friends and family.   I had the sweetest midnight toast ever with my nephew Cooper who was a trooper and made it to midnight at the age of THREE!!!
























Jan. 1st Happy New Year!  We enjoyed the great Saskatchewan winter by getting outdoors and skating on our frozen lake! 


We got the BEST NEWS on our way home!  We welcomed a new baby girl, Jade Alexandria Dautbegovic to our family!  We already love her so much and cannot wait to meet her.  


Jan. 2nd I enjoyed a quite morning coffee while admiring our tree one last time.  I also had the opportunity to cuddle with Anya on the couch while reading her the Polar Express before we got ready for the day.


Jan. 3rd  We hit the local slopes for a day of family fun at Table Mountain.  


























Jan. 4th  Today I spent a good chunk of my day at school getting ready to return back to school on Monday.


























Jan. 5th  And just like that it's the end of our holiday.  Walking into 2020 full of hope, optimism and joy.  Please join me again next Friday, Jan. 17th for a fashion focused post.  :)  Until then, xoxo Bo





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



15 comments:

  1. You have such a handsome family. Your girls are just beautiful and so sweet to think of others at Christmas. I know their bags were blessings to those who received them. Love their Christmas portraits. Every year I say we are going to do real family photos but a monkey wrench always gets thrown in my plans. Maybe next year.

    Love the snow photos. Bravo to Cooper for staying awake to welcome the new year. And to you for running 31 days in a row. That is a great goal!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! I love participating in your various prompts when I can. The girls really made me proud to be their mama that day, I will admit. I think it's important for us to look out for each other and also remind ourselves to be less judgmental of differnt paths of life, we can never really know what our own lives will throw at us. :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful holiday break! I love those photos of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time together as a family - I totally love that outfit you wore for your evening out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much. It was such a fun surprise to get out of the house and get dressed up. :)

      Delete
  4. That just made my own heart smile to see your kiddos want to give back. I love you followed through with it too. This is what the world needs more of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am so glad that I had enough sense to pause and actually just stop worrying about the "to do" list for this moment to happen. I need to put into action what I try to teach. :)

      Delete
  5. Ahh, an unexpected visit with friends is the best! I feel like I don't see my friends as often these days, so I love it when I do see them... and that metallic skirt is so pretty!! I got some extra sleep over the holidays, too! I usually only get 6-7 hours, too!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed with all of your running! I love to run, but don't have a chance to do it everyday. Good for you! Your girls are beautiful! The photos you got of them are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did have a wonderful vacation! Looks like so much fun. And your girls are getting so big and grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. .
    Awesome photography! I feel lucky today to see the beauty of photography. It was really great inspirational post. What a memorable experience it was for us!
    www.designercountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun Christmas break you had! it's nice you got to spend so much time with family and friends and sounds like you had a great Christmas! lovely way to welcome in the new year too! :)

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend :) It's rainy here but the rain is so welcome!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! I love that your girls made those meal bags to give back to the community! And your sledding day looks like so much fun!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a wonderful time, full of so much family fun! And I have to say that I'm a little jealous of your 10 hour sleeps! Good for you. I'd kill to just have 1 night of that! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete