Friday 3 January 2020

These Boots Where Made for Walking....Happy New Year!


 


Happy New Year!  Walking into 2020 feeling rested.  Smile on my face.   Feeling recharged, excited and playful.  It feels so good to feel like me. 


2019 was a great year.  Was it perfect?  No, but I was able to do some of the things I set out to accomplish and also be open to life as it happened, see my reflection here and book review here.  What I will say is that each year I am learning to be more comfortable and more self-assured (but still insecure at times) in myself.  My husband and I are still going strong and learning how to parent children that are entering the teen years and I feel like I have a partner in that.  I also feel that I have a partner who has supported and encouraged me as I left a position that I loved to pursue the next step as a vice-principal.  The job has put me on a very steep learning curve, and though I love it, it is taking a lot out of me each day (in a positive way) but it requires me to step away from the blog, from reading, from some of my hobbies and to let go of some of the things I generally like to control in my life.  This older and slightly wiser (fingers crossed) version of myself now knows this is temporary.  You go through periods of time  when life is just NOT going to feel balanced, scheduled, and according to the plan you had, but in time it will come back to equilibrium.  So I am embracing this season of my life, when I am learning, at times drowning, but knowing that I have the skills, support and perseverance to ride it out until I can find my way back to a new "balance", whatever that might look like in this next phase of  my life. I've not sat down to formally write my 2020 intentions but I will in the next few weeks.  



Until then I am walking into 2020 with high hopes, a positive attitude and in these KILLER boots.  I was eyeing these boots up for some time in the fall and finally made the leap.  I was hoping to snag them on sale but couldn't wait long enough and have no regrets, but they are on sale now so check out the link below.  They have been a head turner and really a statement of their own every time I wear them.  Everything else on me is older from my closet but when paired up with a statement pieces such as this, it just POPS and you have yourself a completely new outfit.  I actually love the monochromatic look here, all black, except the boots.  Sometimes its best to keep it simple, and I mean that in terms of dressing yourself and in life 😃.





 Have a fabulous weekend everyone!


Shop This Post:
Snakeskin Boots (sale $70!)
Vero Moda Poncho (similar)
Joseph Ribkoff Pants (these are my favorite black pants!)
Headband (similar) 


16 comments:

  1. This is so well said. I love seeing your confidence shine through and being more secure with yourself. I also enjoy what you said about finding balance and knowing that sometimes the season you're in is only temporary. On another note, these boots are fabulous and perfect for walking into 2020 fierce and in charge! Hoping this year is extra special for you and filled with so many wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lady. It's true, life experience, age and life, just teach you to be more open and more flexible. It teaches you that you can change and except change and preserve, learn from the experience and actually end up further along than you ever imagined. I look at you and all that life has thrown your way and how you are strong and confident.

      Delete
  2. You look like someone who should be walking right down the streets of NYC!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. You know how to make a girl feel GOOD. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you!! I didn't realize you are an assistant principal. That must be a huge adjustment. My parents encouraged me to go into administration but I am not a disciplinarian (at school - at home, I can discipline like a champ!) and in my district that was the main role of the APs. That and state testing. I am sure you have learned so much and made a difference in your school community and the lives of your students. And look how smashing you are in that great outfit! Love the boots and the poncho. Waiting for my snakeskin boots to come in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the kindest person ever, hugs for your kind words. It's been a learning curve for sure and the disciplinary thing is coming along but I have an amazing mentor to look up to and learn from so that's been a huge help in building my toolbox and confidence.

      Delete
  4. Love your cosy poncho and the boots are such a fun statement I can see why you had to have them! Congrats on the new job, how exciting (although stressful getting up to speed!)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :) We are safe from the bushfires still, and so thankful.

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great weekend, thanks Mica! I am totally happy with the purchase, a bit of a splurge but well worth it. :)

      Delete
  5. Those boots are fabulous...I'm so glad you bought them!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie. Me too. I am glad I splurged because every time I put them on I feel oh so spunky. :)

      Delete
  6. Bo, I absolutely adore this outfit! That headband is so cute on you. And those boots are totally killer! Perfect pairing with that glorious poncho, too. I am so glad that you embracing this season of life and the new challenge in your new position (congratulations, by the way). I, too, am looking for balance! May we both find it in the new year!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Balance is this totally aloof thing and I am actually getting more comfortable with just pausing and asking myself, "am I happy" and if not, then what is it that's causing me distress.

      Delete
  7. I love the black monochromatic look. And the boots are so fun!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am soooooo happy that I bought them.

      Delete
  8. I love everything about this look! Those boots are fabulous! You look so cozy chic! Congrats on your new position!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! You look fabulous in this outfit! I love those snakeskin booties with that poncho. Such a cute hat too! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete