Friday 9 July 2021

What I Wore Recap: Work Hard, Play Hard

Today's post is a quick one.  I rounded up a few outfits that I think are perfect for people working in a casual professional setting through the summer months.  Although I am on summer holidays now, I love dressing up in summer pieces for work.  Give me all the dresses and cheery colors!  Let's take a peak.


Just through on a white blazer and you are office ready.

Yellow is so bright and cheery and pops even more against white jeans.  

Coffee before work is a must.  Plus, dressing up a pair of gingham shorts with some dramatic sleeves and flats looks summery and professional.

A simple, pattern dress with a cardigan is perfect to look summery while keeping you warm in over airconditioned spaces.  My current school doesn't have air conditioning but when I was in the office, I just had a neutral cardigan there all the time, just in case I got cold.

I need to find a replacement for these red pants because they are getting worn out but they always just make me feel like BOSS BABE!

This dress is 25 years old!!!!  If you follow me on IG , you saw me throwing it back to grade 8 grad when I wore this.  All these years later I still wear this dress and absolutely love it.  It has stood the test of time and it's flawlessly classic.  For someone who purges often its a miracle this dress has never been on the chopping block.


WORK HARD, PLAY HARD
Although I love my job and planning outfits for work has become something that gives me joy, I love coming home to some comfy style.  Let's take a look at three outfits you will see me in probably weekly.
Although you wont see me rollerblading weekly, I love to wear my lulu capris and a loose top most evenings.  

Kick off the heels and trade them in for some white sneaks.  This is basically what I live in as the sun begins to set and we head out for our evening walk with Oreo.




Now that I am on summer vacy this is basically my uniform daily.  Denim shorts and a tee or tank.  Confession, I only have one pair of denim shorts?!?  Eeek, I really should probably add another pair, but I have a black pair and a denim skirt, and also several throw on simple dresses. 
What's your summer uniform?


Well, that's it my friends.  All of these came from my closet and NONE of them were new purchases this year.  The stores are still rather uninspired around here but I have been gravitating towards maybe adding a few pieces by ordering online.  

What trends are you loving right now?

12 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that all of these outfits were already in your closet! They all are fabulous, but your gingham shorts + puff sleeve top is my favorite. SO CUTE!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love those shorts too and have had them for a few years and they always seem to steal the show! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. These are all cute summer outfits! I love all the bright colours and the florals! :)

    Hope you had a good weekend and you are enjoying your summer break!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beautiful summer outfits.

    Lots of Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/wellory-review/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute summer outfits, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love every single one of these: put together and pretty!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful styles for summer! Hope you are having a great time!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com


    ReplyDelete
  7. Great styles Hunny - thanks for sharing them. Have a super week. Jacqui
    Do join my #chicandstylish linkup every Thursday. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun summer looks, Bo. Those red pants are totally Boss Babe! What a great outfit that is. How cool that you can still wear a dress from 8th grade! I would never fit into my 8th grade clothing or my 12th grade clothing or my clothing from my 20's! But I am getting close to my 30 year old size! Haha. Fun post. Lots of style inspiration!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these outfits are fabulous! I love the red pants with the pretty white top!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete