Sunday 28 May 2023

Casual Mom Spring Style



I am back friends.  Sorry, I stepped away without any sort of warning.  Nothing is wrong but it just became impossible for me to do it all.  I have news!!!!!  I am moving schools next year.  I will be taking a step forward in my learning journey as a leader by going to a much bigger school, four times the size of my current school, as a vice-principal but at 100% V.P. time.  It's a huge learning opportunity for me and although I am nervous, I am also extremely excited for this next challenge!  That being said, it's just been super busy with work commitments, photoshoots starting up again,  starting training for a half marathon,, thinking about packing up my classroom, girls spring activities, and family/friend gatherings.  All good things but I just felt like I couldn't juggle anything well anymore, so something had to take a backseat.  I already know come September I will be taking a month off all social media things, in order to get my head around a new job, new roles and responsibilities, and learning about my staff and students.  But I am here now and ready to finish off the school year with smiles and go into summer with my family.  


So, since life has been BUSY, my outfits have been casual and uncomplicated.  Jeans, basic tees/tanks, light layering pieces and alternating between sandals and sneakers.  Basically you can find me wearing this version of outfit over and over again.  I love a classic stripped tee/tank, over casual jeans, and an oversized bomber jacket, cardigan or my favorite linen button down (aka workhorse shirt).  See how I am still rocking the skinny jeans.  Yep, didn't give them up, because when you put a larger layer over top, like this button down, skinny jeans, help keep shape and definition to your body.  So although I have diversified my jean collection with some wide leg, relaxed fits, I am not giving up the skinny jeans anytime soon.  this outfit functions so well for time at the ball diamond (which I've been at a lot), basic errands, photoshoots, and to chill back with a cup of coffee which I make sure to include in my weekends as time for me.








What's your casual mom uniform this spring?

12 comments:

  1. Oh, life has been so darn busy here too! So, I get that and I'm like you... a simple outfit is nice and takes all the brainwork out of what to wear in the morning. Oh, I am so excited to hear you're training for a half marathon! I think the training for my next one starts in July. That bomber jacket is CuuUUUT! And, congrats on your NEW 100% VP job! You will do so well!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, you for the encouragement! I am excited about both the half and the new job. It will be a bit tricky come September to train and put the hours of work into a new job but it will be worth it. Are you doing a local half?

      Delete
  2. I'm not giving up my skinny jeans either. They're perfect for peplum style tops and tucking into tall boots, Love this cute look!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! It does sound so busy. The beauty of a blog is that you can always come back to it when you have the time :) I like this kind of relaxed outfit too - you can't beat a stripes and denim combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly and I think this time around, having it pre-planned will make it easier to step away temporarily and make me feel less guilty.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a comfy outfit! I think as a mom, outfits need to be practical in some way lol. Life does tend to get busy, but I am glad you still make it back to the blogging world!
    Have a great weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | instagram.com/iamperlita

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very classic look and congrats on the new job! That sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new job! Such an exciting time indeed. And this outfit is perfect for this time of year when life is on the go and the weather is in between. Love those sunglasses on you. Super chic!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete