Wednesday 16 August 2023

Ageless Style: Summer to Fall Denim




Welcome to the Ageless Style Link-Up!  Today's prompt, summer denim is brought to you by Jodie of Jodie's Touch of Style.  The denim skirt is continuing to be a popular trend into fall and winter 2023.  I am so excited to add this denim maxi from Garage to my closet for the summer season but I am already thinking about how I can transition into fall.  The length is perfect for a casual work place environment, as well as my casual lifestyle outside of work, making it the perfect addition to my wardrobe.  My favorite part is the slid of course, it's fun and flirty, while staying professional.  This skirt is a heavier denim but doesn't feel heavy on and I am loving the shape.  Although I keep reading that low-rise is coming back, I sure hope not, I am happy to report this sits nicely on my waist, thank you very much.    For reference I am wearing a size small.  


Summer Vibes:

For summer I kept it simple with a white knitted tank top, slides (these are not Birkenstocks, rather knock off from Sketcher), and gold jewelry because I am obsessed with gold at the moment.




Fall Vibes:
Transition into fall means layering up to stay warm, so I played with different textures by adding this vegan leather schaket into the mix.  Although schakets are on their way out, I do like this one for a little variation in my closet and so I'll be holding on to it for the time being.  I also absolutely adore the color.  I adding my favorite pair of boots and I love how they peek-a-boo out of the slit.






Before I send you off to check out all the other ladies styles and to link up, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting a new job next week and it's going to be amazing but busy school opening for me.  I will be learning a LOT and am also continuing to train for a couple of half-marathons coming up at the end of September.  I will be taking a break from blogging until for sure mid-September and possibly end of September.  I WILL BE BACK, but I just need to focus on my professional learning and growth for the moment.  I will be still popping on and off IG but my presence will be reduced over the next three weeks.  Love you all.  


Shop This Post:
Knitted White Tank Top (old, similar at Dynamite)



Leslie ~ Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After

Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook |

Marsha~ Marsha in the Middle
Blog /Instagram

Bo ~ Bo's Bodacious Blog
Amy ~ Amy’s Creative Pursuits
Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook |

Joanna ~ My Slice of Life

Mireille ~ Chez Mireille Fashion Travel Mom
Rosemary ~ Distinctly Southern Style
Jodie ~ Jodie’s Touch of Style
Blog | Instagram | Facebook | 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

25 comments:

  1. Well you are certainly trending for fall, as the denim midi skirt is totally hot right now! I'm on the look out for one myself. Low-rise is coming back in style? I haven't heard that. I will definitely not be going back to that! I've barely worn any of my high rise jeans. And you read shackets are going out? That I don't think so. They are still in stores brand new this fall and Jill of "Doused in Pink" just did a huge post on shackets. I hope I get at least one more season from my shackets. Love your skirt! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I think the low rise trend will be for the young one, LOL. I'll be skipping it for sure. As mentioned I am holding on to my shacket as well just wont be adding more into the mix.

      Delete
  2. I love my shacket (I have only one I think) and plan to be wearing it a lot again this fall as it is the perfect neutral color. I almost wore my very similar skirt today but ended up keeping it for a post next week (or following week). Love how well it transitions for the cooler months with booties or boots.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see it next week and this weeks post! I am holding on to my shacket but like you I only have one so I wont be adding more.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a perfect piece to add to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy with my back-to-school choice.

      Delete
  4. Your skirt is great! I love the length and the front slit.

    Rosemary Davis
    https://www.distinctlysouthernstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is amazing! Love the length! Thanks for the style inspo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. You are always inspiring me!

      Delete
  6. I love that you showed two outfits with the skirt. It's definitely going to be fabulous in winter too.
    OOXX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, you are right but I am not ready to think about winter. LOL! Comes way too quickly for us.

      Delete
  7. This is a great look for summer or fall, but more of a fall look for sure. Loving this denim skirt!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my gosh, you are the cutest thing. I so much prefer your denim skirt to mine. Mine just doesn't fit right. But for my 65 year old bod, a higher waist is preferable. Maybe this fall it is time to find a better fitting denim midi skirt.

    And that shacket is going to be such a fabulous piece as temps begin to drop. Even in the AC. I nearly freeze everywhere I go despite the triple digit heat because I don't do AC well. I have a similar corduroy shacket but love that faux leather.

    Sending up a prayer for you as you navigate the beginning of the school year and your new position. I know you will rock it, no matter what it is. But change can be stressful and exhausting until you feel back to a level of comfort. Congratulations on this new position. Dazzle them, baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just look fabulous in this denim skirt, Bo! I love it with the white sleeveless top...I honestly can't believe you're a mom to teenagers! You look like a teen yourself! Congratulations on the new job. I'm sure you will make a difference there.

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great skirt on you and I really like how well it works in both outfits! The light wash looks so good with white and it layers perfectly for cooler weather as well! :)

    Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s a beautiful skirt that is perfect for now and fall. I love it layered with a shacket. It’s giving me all the cozy vibes. Sending you all the positive vibes this new school year and good luck on training for your half marathons! You got this!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great ageless look. Love the denim skirt just got one from Amazon and can't wait to wear it to FW! Yes much like spring, fall is all about layering.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yessss! Love a leather shacket/jacket to add some fall vibes to a look! And love your denim maxi here, Bo!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bo, I love this sassy look on you! What a great skirt. And your boots and jacket are so good, too! Fabulous styling, my friend!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I REALLY love this outfit. I've been wanting to get a long denim skirt, but I'm afraid I'll be too scared to wear it out! Ha, ha! But, I did see someone wearing one the other day at a festival we walked through. That leather shacket is just so perfect with the skirt! LOVE!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice combo, I like how you combine this denim skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking amazing in the slit skirt

    ReplyDelete