Wednesday 18 October 2023

Ageless Style: Birthday Party Attire



Welcome back to our monthly Ageless Style!  After taking last month off from blogging, I am back with the ladies of Ageless Style and this months prompt is brought to you by our October baby, Marsha Banks of Marsha in the Middle.  Happy birthday to Marsha!  I don't know about you but for the most part we and our friends keep birthdays pretty low key nowadays unless its a milestone birthday.  We usually get together for a dinner/appies and drinks, which for most of us in the parenting years is a night out with the adults!  Woot, woot!  

A night out with adult friends is a treat and I always like to put a little extra effort into looking and feeling good.  I wore this outfit this past weekend when we went out.  Full disclosure, I've wanted to wear it since last winter but feel self-conscious.  Am I too old?  Should I be showing my midriff?  Does it seem like I am trying too hard?  Is it appropriate?  And on and on go the questions.  My 16 year old was like, yes it's cute.  I don't understand why you are so unsure.  She honestly had no idea what was going through my head.  Isn't that AWESOME?!?  I love that she confident!  That she is sure of her clothing choices.  Something I didn't have at her age and am still working on at 41.  Regardless I took the chance and went for it and the longer I wore it, the more it felt like me.  Sometimes we have to go through the uncomfortable for it to feel more comfortable.  

Anyways you can see this crop top paired with it's matching knitted skirt  here, which I had not doubts about and absolutely LOVE!!!  I paired it up with pleather pants from my teens closet, and decided to throw on my vegan leather shacket over top to play with the browns and textures.  Top it off with bold red lips and you look confident and I am of the mind 'fake it, 'till you make it" and by the end of the night, I made it.  😉








Shop This Post:

Tinsley Fuzzy Tank (sale)

Leather Pants (sold out; Shein similar)

Vegan Leather Shacket (sold out; Dex similar)

Maybelline Red for Me Lipstick



                                 Now off you go to check out what other ladies are wearing!


Joanna ~ My Slice of Life

Blog


Jodie ~ Jodie’s Touch of Style
Blog | Instagram | Facebook | 
Amy ~ Amy’s Creative Pursuits
Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook |
Marsha~ Marsha in the Middle
Blog /Instagram
Bo ~ Bo's Bodacious Blog

Rosemary ~ Distinctly Southern Style

Leslie ~ Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After

Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook |


Mireille ~ Chez Mireille Fashion Travel Mom




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and striking outfit! Love that you can shop your teen's closet too!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bojana, You are so party ready in this fun outfit. Most of our birthdays are casual too!

    Rosemary
    www.distinctlysouthernstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your 16 year old and it's true that our heads can be so detrimental to many things.
    Getting older is the time to try everything, and if someone is put off by a midriff, then they shouldn't be my friend. With all of the craziness going on in the world, midriffs are totally safe.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but gush over this absolutely fabulous and eye-catching ensemble!

    I have a new article, I will like to hear your insight:
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Bo!!! You can and definitely should wear cropped tops! You are not too old and look absolutely fabulous! You rock those pleather pants and shacket! I think you look ready for a simply amazing party!!!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous party look! You are rocking that cropped top! You look amazing!

    Jill- Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute crop top on you! It's great you can share a wardrobe with your daughter to find something to wear too. I hope you had a fabulous time at the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ask myself those same questions with everything I put on these days. In my head, I'm still in my 40s!! But my body says otherwise. Ha!!
    You, my friend, look so cute. The little bit of abs you are showing are so toned and just say "I take care of myself". Good on you. Absolutely adorable outfit. Love the pants and the shacket you added. I just ordered a black faux leather shacket or shirt. Hope I can pull it off!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this faux leather look Bojana! The crop top is the perfect balance with the shacket. You look amazing my friend!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look love the brown pleather leggings!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete