Sunday 13 October 2024

Black Denim with a Twist

 


Hello and Happy Thanksgiving my Canadian followers and friends.  I am spending the weekend with family, while also taking advantage of the long weekend to get caught up on photography, house chores and connecting with friends.  I am going to keep this nice and short so I can get back to enjoying today with our family and my best friend.  

This is the ONLY piece that I've invested in this fall and I am so happy that I did.  This Smash and Tess denim Dolly Romper is a pricey item so it took me a while to pull the trigger and I am soooooo happy with it.  I own several Smash & Tess pieces, 5 to be exact, and the sizing is consistent every single time.  I am a consistent XS and you can see all the pieces here, here and here, and also another one is being featured on Thursday for my Ageless Style link-up.

Anyway, I love that it's a cross over between overalls and a romper.  I also love the button detail, the belt is actually super cute but it can be interchanged with a regular belt and the front pockets are amazing!    I am super happy that it's more fitted than I thought based on the pictures off of the website.  I am 5'4 and the length is sport on!  I layered a black shirt underneath for extra warmth but it's super cute without a top.  My only complaint is that the straps aren't adjustable and they are too big for me and my mom with have to adjust them a bit; I could leave them but I think they would be annoying.









That's it, that's all!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and my Canadian friends, enjoy the family time together.  

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Jennifer
    https://curatedbyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, this is a BEAUTIFUL piece on you, it really hits all your curves just right. Love the pop of fall color behind you too. I have never heard of this brand (!!), I need to check it out.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That romper is so cute on you! It's really flattering too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one fun outfit! I went thrifting and found lots of goodies: now it's time for a couple weeks' break!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Smash and Tess denim Dolly Romper sounds like a fantastic piece! It’s great that you finally decided to get it and that it exceeded your expectations. The combination of overalls and a romper with versatile styling options sounds perfect for fall. Enjoy your cozy time with family and friends, and happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian folks!

    Wishing you a great day. Read my new post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/10/ultra-rich-anti-aging-cream-for-improved-skin-hydration-and-radiance.html

    ReplyDelete