Monday 31 July 2023

Five Barbie Looks





Hello, hello!  Who went to the see the Barbie movie over the past few weeks?  I am going to be honest, I was skeptical to say the least.  I just couldn't see how this could be done in a good and intelligent way.  From the previews I just saw a lot of cheese and I had a difficult time believing it could not only be funny let alone thought provoking.  Well, I am happy to say that I was 1000% wrong.  It was soooooooo good.  It was sassy, smart, empowering, and shone a light on not only the issues of gender inequality but also left me pondering a lot of other issues.  I loved playing with Barbie's as a little girl, , and as someone who has struggled with body issues and an eating disorder, I can honestly say that I never felt that Barbie was a root cause or even really a major influence on me in that department.  (STOP!!!!  This is just my experience and mine alone; it does not reflect anyone else's experience with Barbie or the influence it had on them. I value other experiences and am only sharing my feelings here.)  That being said I know the "real" world had me desiring and striving for  a body that was unattainable and unhealthy for me.  Those influences and ideologies came from a number or places, also potentially from Barbie and how she was perfect, but we as humans made her be idolized, the doll is just a piece of plastic.  Maybe?  I don't know.  What I do know is that this movie left me feeling good in my own skin.  It made me feel confident in the message it sent to my teenage daughters and the conversations that followed our viewing were thoughtful and critical.   What were your thoughts?




Now, lets check out some PINK and Barbie inspired outfits that are my favorites.


Comfort Barbie

I wore my new Smash and Tess Barbie inspired jumpsuit to the movie!  This is going to be on repeat for me this summer and into the fall.  I love all S & T jumpsuits that I've purchased, see here and here. I love that this one is plain black with just subtle touches of pink, like stipe down the sides and the small Barbie symbol.  Also, it has a hood and pockets!




Beach Barbie




Disney Barbie





Office Barbie



Posh Barbie



Barbie Nails




Happy Monday friends!

19 comments:

  1. Love all of these Barbie inspired outfits, especially the black jumpsuit with the Barbie logo! Your nails look gorgeous!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too! What a great find.

      Delete
  2. Such cute looks! And I was interested to hear your impression of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. Love all your fun Barbie looks! Those nails are so fabulous! I can honestly say the same about the movie and Barbie in general. I LOVED the movie and want to take my oldest! It has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the leaving this comment. I certainly don't want to offend anyone it was just my own experience and thoughts. I really appreciated the conversation that it brought to my table with my girls and even my husband.

      Delete
  4. In love with all of these Barbie looks! That suit is fabulous and loving your pretty nails. I also loved the movie!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pink outfits! I have no plans to see the movies but I have heard that no matter your opinion of it, it does create a good intro to conversations with teens about different topics.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You even have the Barbie nails! :) I love your Disney Barbie outfit and the office Barbie! So, so fun! I told you it'd be a good movie! :) And, I am still thinking about some of the stuff in it.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these looks. The pink tweed is my favorite! So cute and girly and perfectly Barbie!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossand

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Barbie themed outfits, especially Swim Barbie, you look stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Office Barbie and Disney Barbie are my Fav.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  10. The office Barbie looks great.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/08/whispering-tales-mystical-journey-of-barbie-and-ken-matching-bands.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in pink, these are such fun Barbie outfits! I'm really glad you enjoyed the movie! I loved it too, can't wait to see it again when it comes on streaming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of these inspiring Barbie looks. I cannot wait to see the film soon!
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all enjoyed the movie very much. Probably for a variety of different reasons but you are right, it was smart and funny and thoughtful. I don't remember looking at my Barbies and wishing I had a similar figure. In fact, I probably thought they were impossibly slender. But I had body image issues and probably still do, and an eating disorder, as well. Not sure why but pretty certain it wasn't Barbie!! Heaven knows media feeds on girls' and women's insecurities and lack of self-confidence.

    I love all your pink. Followed your links to the other jumpsuits...beautiful! But this black and pink one is such fun. You have an absolutely precious, strong, beautiful figure!! And your post is a wonderful message for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would recommend the Underpass x Barbie collection! It puts Zara’s collaboration with Barbie to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beach Barbie and Posh Barbie 🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete