Thursday 13 July 2023

This is 41: Random Thoughts

 




This is 41. A week after I turning 41, these are some of things that I am thinking and accepting about myself right now.

*Dressed down or dressed up, both suite me perfectly
*Other than my children, I am most proud of the relationships that I have invested in over time, my marriage, my family and my closest friends (many I have had for 10-25 years)
*I love my career but its not the only thing that defines me, nor is being a mother
*I don't feel like I have to do/experience everything right now, I know that I have years left to do all things I want to (🤞for good health)
*I am more patient with others and myself
*I am more confident in my skills, my mind and what my body is capable of
*I accept that I seem to know less things with 100% certainty, rather I am more open to rethinking or hearing; other sides of the debate
*I am okay going without makeup, although I still prefer to wear some coverage most days, also I love to get dressed up 😉
*I love with my dog
*I value experiences over things
*I love to laugh big, dance wild, run free
*Coffee is my preferred bevvie, I don't care for water but I drink it because I am supposed to
*I have discovered I am creative in my own ways, check out A&H Snapshots 






I kept my celebrations low key this year, surrounding myself with family a few days beforehand.  My sweet 92 year old grandma made my birthday cake once again, my parents, aunt and uncle came for over for cake and bevvies.  On my actual birthday, we were at the lake. Logan joined me for a before work run, and then I enjoyed coffee and a book on the beach by myself.  In the evening, the three of us, Halie was in the city, went out for wing night at the local golf course and I was surprised with a glass of red wine purchased by my sweet neighbors at the lake.  It was a perfectly low key affair and exactly what my heart and mind needed.  

What are some random thoughts you are having lately?

22 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that your grandma makes your birthday cake! I love your 41 random thoughts. I should do that for my birthday, but I'm not sure I could think of 46 of them (I'll be 46 next month). As I've gotten older, I love experiences much more too than things. And, coffee is my favorite drink too, but I don't mind drinking water.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your coffee drinks always inspire me! I definitely don't think I could think of 41 different thoughts. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Love this post!

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love this list that you also shared on Insta. What a lovely family you have!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and your well wishes.

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Always enjoy these kinds of lists.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. A good way for us to stop and reflect.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! It sounds like the perfect way to celebrate! Love your list!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A good way to slow down and reflect.

      Delete
  6. I adore this post. It has given me a better look into the spectacular person that is Bo!! You wear 41 so well. And are so wise. In April I turned 65. I have just gotten to the point where I am ok to run to Walmart however...makeup or no makeup, workout clothes or jeans and a tee. Most of the time I brush my hair, but not always!! Wish I had been gentler with myself much earlier.

    What a splendid birthday you had. Love that you guys ran together that morning. And that you enjoyed your own company on the beach with a book. How absolutely precious that your grandma made your birthday cake. I think next year you should freeze a piece of the cake she bakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just love that idea of freezing it for a special time. It gave me goose bumps but also a tear in my eye. I realize my time with her could suddenly be gone but I am also trying not to think like that because I want to just enjoy our time that we are gifted without tainting it. A tricky balance. I am not always easy on myself, but trying to learn from people a few years ahead of me by listening to the lessons they have learned and taking in the wisdom they share. Thank you for always being kind, thoughtful and considerate. I truly appreciate you.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday. Looks like it was a perfect day. Love reading your thoughts, they are very clear and deeply meaningful. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration! It was fun to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday, babe! I love your random thoughts- they're not random, they're you! And it's so important to reflect on what you've learned as you age. It brings the wisdom!

    I've got a new post up and I hope to see you there!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth and I completely agree. It's in the space of reflection that we grow.

      Delete
  10. One week belatedly, happy birthday!
    I hope all of your birthday wishes have been coming true!
    Your thoughts and acceptances sound excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday and I love your summery dress!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday to you! your celebration filled with family sounds absolutely perfect :)

    Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grandma rocks! How awesome that she made your birthday cake. And a low key family celebration is how I like it as well. Nothing like a good laugh and good memories for occasions like this. Like you I love coffee but I also love water. It’s refreshing for me! I have learned to be more confident in my own skin as I have gotten older. It’s a nice perk when I don’t need to worry about what other people think! Happy belated birthday lady!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete