Friday 27 January 2017

Fashion Friday: Dressing Up the Sweater Dress

TGIF!  Looking back on everything that happen this week, I am even more thankful Logan and I sized the opportunity last weekend to have a little time together.  The girls had a yoga class to attend  and we had a whole hour to ourselves, JACKPOT!  😊  Since the temperatures were mild, we decided to go for a stroll and a coffee date.  Just as we were heading  out, and after I was all dressed up, the white, fluffy stuff started coming down from above.  I 💓 watching snowflakes trickle down and covering our mostly dirty streets with it's white blanket. 

 

Usually I would wear my lulu lemon pants out for a walk but since we haven't had time lately to go out on dates and I spent all of Saturday cooking and cleaning, I decided to get all dressed up and have Logan snap some pictures. I fell in love with this sweater dress from the Gap for three reasons:

#1 The sparkles all over it are so fun and made it a perfect addition to my closet during the holiday season.

#2 I love the neckline and how it sorts of dips in the back, making it a little sexier and also how it casually slides off the one shoulder if you let it.

#3 Completely versitile, which is super important to me.  I want to have a dress that I can wear to work, out for dinner/coffee/lunch date, or for doing some shopping.  

 

 

 

The dress it self isn't overly fancy but throw on a faux fur coat, or vest, and immediately you are looking more glamorous.  I added my H & B jewellery,  for some extra sparkle and a little belt to cinch the dress in, and you've got fancier.  

 


Shop this post:

Gap Sweater Dress 

Chickwish Faux Fur Coat (similar) 

Aldo OTKB (similar) 

H & B Rose Gold EarringsBracelet (similar),  Necklace (sold out) 

 

 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 





9 comments:

  1. THAT JACKET!!!! I totally would wear this outfit and then we'd be twinnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress and the back is divine. The jacket is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie. The back is definitely a favorite of mine as well.

      Delete
  3. Nice sweater dress. I like how you styled it. I also like how the snow gives add that lovely touch to your hair. :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love the snow too, it's just such a natural touch to the pictures.

      Delete
  4. The sweater dress and boots look real cute and I love the way you've styled it with the belt, looks amazing x

    S x | SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete