Thursday 28 December 2017

Fashion Friday: Best of 2017 and a Challenge for January 2018



Hi friends.  I have been staying off of social media as much as possible during the last few days and focusing on enjoying the family festivities, as many of you are as well.  Life around the Krienke household has been filled with laughter, joy, food and drink while celebrating with wonderful friends and family.  To say that the girls were over the moon excited with their Santa gifts would be an understatement.  I am not one to spend and spend and spend but I do get carried away around the holiday season, which is kind of why I've decided to focus on 'shopping my closet' for the month of January.  Lately I've felt the pressure, self induced, to "keep up" "stay on top of trends" "find the best deal" etc. but that isn't why I started the blog and it's not really me.  I love putting outfits together, feeling good in my own skin and sharing my passion for everyday fashion with others.  That being said my bank account does have a bottom and I don't own a money tree, shocking I know, and I also believe in being mindful of what I purchase and spend money on.  The holidays are tough on the wallet and since I have a closet full of clothes I am challenging myself to shop my closet and to try to wear everything in there.  If I can't find a purpose for a piece of clothing, it's going to be placed in the donation pile.  Two birds, one stone.  Save money and downsize my closet.  If you'd like to join me or follow my journey on Instagram use the #wearingmycloset18 #shoppedmycloset. 

 


 
 

I am leaving you with my favorite seven outfits of 2017.  For more info click on the following links, clockwise from the top (outfit #1, outfit #2, outfit #3, outfit #4, outfit #5, outfit #6outfit #7).  Just for the record I will be totally casual for NYE with friends and 8 kiddos running around, and loving every second of it. 

 

What are you all up to? 

 

Happy New Year!

 

4 comments:

  1. Nice recap Bojana and beautiful intentions...
    I hope you had a very beautiful Christmas my dear and I wish you a very great new year!!! Don't miss my latest post, now on my blog! Kisses from Italy,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    My latest outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. Your blog is wonderful and I love the European influence.

      Delete
  2. I totally commented on your post earlier this week but I guess it never posted - darnit! Anyhow - big sigh about the money tree. You have a really great closet to work with and I know you will come up with some amazing outfits! I should take your lead on shopping my closet, too!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment. I just need to recuperate from the holidays though it's super tempting with all the great 'sales' out there. I am holding strong though. :)

      Delete