Friday 24 May 2019

Sigh, It's Almost Bathing Suit Time & Body Image





Hello, hello!  Last year I felt like I sort of just gave up.  Gave up trying to attain a body that I couldn't even define.  I gave up on dieting to attain a body that wasn't sustainable.  I gave up on being Hangry..  Bathing suit season really stresses me out.  It amplifies some serious insecurities I have about my own body.  I do try to be very positive, to have a healthy outlook and relationship with my body, but like many it's now been many years of back and forth struggle.  The good thing about last year was that "giving up" wasn't a negative, but I rather  view it as bringing me acceptance.  I am well into my 30's and closer to 40,  I'll be 37 in July.  My body has given birth to two ladies and has for the most part treated me better than I've treated it.  My body is far from perfect, but honestly I don't even know what that means to me and long ago I learned that it usually is unattainable and doesn't actually equate to happiness.  All that being said, last summer I went on a bathing suit hunt that made me feel good.   I still prefer a two piece to a one piece.  I also have this desire to show my girls that you can wear a two piece that looks age appropriate and modern on various body types.  I woudl like them to have a better relationship with their bodies than I had so I really strive to model that, but it's HARD. 



The last two years I've had great success at finding bathing suits at La Vein Rose.  They have lots of options, cuts, materials, styles and patterns.  You can mix and match styles and sizes, and you can't find a better price point!  I absolutely love their high-waisted bikini bottoms and also their regular ones that have extra soft fabric that doesn't dig into your sides to create the "muffin top" look.   Last year I foudn a really fun two piece that was reversible so you got 4 bathing suit option in one!!!




This year I found a super sexy one piece, that has some significant cut outs to make it extra sexy.  I've tried this style int he past but always felt like if I moved too quickly after the kids that I would end up falling out.  In theory you think you can lay on a lounger all day but that's not real life.  This bathing suit is the best and though they don't have any more on-line they still have some in store.  Also, check out some of my favorites, practical and fun, linked below.



Tell me how you feel about bathing suit season?  What's your bathing suit style?




Shop This Post:


Bathing Suit #1


Bathing Suit #2 and an adorable dress in same print


Bathing Suit #3 top and bottom


Bathing Suit #4 top and reversible bottoms 


Bathing Suit #5 top and bottoms


Bathing Suit #6 top and bottoms

11 comments:

  1. GIRLLLL - you look good in all of those!!
    I love the versatility with bathing suits now - help cover which body part you dont like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, you are the SWEETEST. I agree, bathing suite cuts, styles, patterns and fits have come a long way. I still wish that I could just buy a suit anywhere but I do feel like there is so much more to choose from now and its still reasonably priced.

      Delete
  2. I think you look amazing! There are so many styles, fits and patterns and it makes it easier to find a suit to fit you!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. We've certainly come a long way in this department to provide comfort and style for all women.

      Delete
  3. You look so great in your swimmers! :) A bikini is my go-to but I really need to get a new one as things are so different post-kids and my rather large collection doesn't all work for me, haha! :)

    Hope you've been having a great weekend! I just posted my weekday wear linkup, I'd love you to join! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Our bodies do change after children and at various ages but it's so nice to have so many options out there these days. I stopped by and also added your blog to my link-up tab. Thanks for the heads up 😊

      Delete
  4. Still running after a baby so typically one piece suit or tankini. looking good!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That totally makes sense. Practicality and comfort. 😊. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. looking AMAZING !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rocking your bathing suit then still rocking it today

    ReplyDelete