Saturday 24 December 2016

Casual Christmas Day Outfit

It's Christmas Eve already!  How did that happen so quickly?  Honestly, this year I just never really had the time to get into the Christmas spirit and I was literally still shopping/wrapping presents yesterday.  The last couple of days, since being on holidays, I have gotten into the holiday spirit more by spending time with the kids, being outdoors, touring the city Christmas light displays, playing Christmas music and enjoying friends and family.  

 

A couple of days ago I put this little outfit together for a casual day of running errands and ice skating, and I loved it so much that I've decided to repeat it tomorrow for my casual Christmas outfit.  I love the bright red color of this cable knit sweater and how the statement necklace dresses it up just the right amount.  I also styled my hair in a side messy bun which requires no hair brushing/straightening/curling, bonus for Christmas morning.  My brown fringe booties were a favorite of mine last year but haven't been utilized hardly at all this fall/winter :(  Since it was a super nice day around here, like 0C, I pulled out my puffer vest and skated around in that.  All in all, I just love how this look came together.

 

I will be hosting my family over for gift opening, everyone wants to see the kids, and a brunch.  My mom will do a small supper in the evening for us, and our big Christmas dinner will be hosted by my aunt on Boxing Day (I have a couple outfits in mind but will probably repeat this one).  Our group will be small this year, my parents, my two grandma's, a family friend, and our family.  I will be making Croissant Make Ahead Sandwiches, hash browns with mushrooms, red peppers and sausages, turkey breakfast sausages and a fruit platter.  


Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Really lovely casul outfit. I like your boots a lot. Your kids are really cute. I hop you had a wonderful Christ and are enjoying the rest of the year :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sauniya, thank you for your kind words, you sure know how to make a girl feel wonderful. We are feeling blessed to have this time as a family and are enjoying it very much. Happy New Year to you girl.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a prefect holiday with the family:) and a vest always makes your winter outfit look polish.
    Thank you for linking up with Weekend Wear

    xo
    Mel

    ReplyDelete