Friday 21 May 2021

Polka Dots and Kitty Kats



COVID really made me fall in love with lounge wear, 🤣.  I think we can all agree that the past year or so has made most of us trade in our fancy wear for comfort wear.  Sleepwear that make me feel pretty and comfortable  are a wonderful addition to my wardrobe.  In the past year or so  I've slowly added a few pieces of lounge wear that make me feel pretty such as my floral bathrobe, see here, and then some cozy winter pajamas here, and most recently I picked up this Joe Fresh set on a whim while getting a few groceries.  This little set was a steal of a deal for like $15 and my teen and I both loved it instantly.  It's super lightweight as the weather improves and the nights get warmer.  I love the little button down p.j. look that has made a comeback and kind of reminds me of something Blair Waldorf would wear in Gossip Girl, except hers would be silk and be coming from a designer not your grocery store find, LOL.   Anyway the style, color, polka dots, and the light weight fabric was just a win all around, and upon a closer look the cute kitty cats sealed the deal.  

I absolutely covet my weekend mornings.  During the week I am trying to find a balance of early morning run/workouts and time to blog and drink coffee before the busyness of the day starts at 7a.m. On the weekend Logan and I like to enjoy at least one morning of waking up, reading our books and drinking coffee.  This often lasts a couple of hours and we both love it sooooo much, especially now when we can enjoy our coffees on the deck with the warm morning sun.  The other day, usually Sunday, I get up and do a long run, then have coffee with Logan, followed by a couple of hours of meal prep before noon.  









What does your weekend morning routine look like?  

Do you have special sleepwear or do you wear whatever you can find?

17 comments:

  1. Cute little pj set! And found at the grocery store: awesome! Not much change in my weekend routine apart from not having to run out of the door. 3 of my 4 kids still get up early and are ready for breakfast by 7!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that's so early. I do enjoy that aspect of them getting a little bit older, they do sleep in. On the other hand they also don't go to bed as early, Hahaha. Slowing down is a gift no matter what and I can appreciate that your weekday mornings would be very busy with four children. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. What a cute PJ set! :) I wanted to go buy a bunch of pjs and loungewear when the first lockdown hit but instead I reorganised what I had a bit better and I saw I had plenty, haha! Any clothes that aren't good enough to wear outside end up as loungewear or pyjamas for me really, ha! Lots of old tees that aren't the colour they should be or my old Juicy Couture sweat sets I can't believe I used to wear outside, haha!

    Works for me - we don't have a morning routine on the weekend - depends on when the kids get up really, and we can be doing anything from baking to crafts to rushing around getting ready for a day out - I don't need fancy sets any more!

    Hope you had a great weekend! It was a busy one here! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I mostly have old tees that I just pair up with old comfy shorts or something as well, but I have to say it's pretty nice to have a few actual pj or lounge wear sets too. Although I would buy them and then have them for like 6-10 years, hahaha. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. You are adorable. I upped my pj game because of you! Found a couple of little shorts ensembles like yours. But on one of them, the buttons come unbuttoned too easily. Before I know it, I am practically topless!! Any suggestions?

    As for a morning routine, if I am behaving myself...I get up, have quiet time with breakfast, work out a few minutes before PC goes to work, get his breakfast and lunch packed, kitties fed, bed made, dressed and showered and then figure out the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!!!!! I want to see what you found. Hmmmmm. If you are good with a thread and needle (which I am not), but I think you can just maybe do a few extra stiches to make the holes a little smaller.

      That sounds like a nice routine. When did you retire from being a librarian? Are your grandchildren pretty close by (I know you spend lots of time with them)?

      Delete
  4. What a darling pj set! I can't believe you found it at the grocery store! I love quite weekend mornings! It's so nice not to be rushed.

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's what I look forward to about Saturdays!

      Delete
  5. You look so adorable and how pretty is this PJ set? I am all for comfort and honestly, unless I have somewhere to go, PJs are my favorite things to wear around the house. My morning routine involves coffee, tons of coffee! :) Then a workout. Now that it's nicer outside and sunrise happens much sooner, I have resumed running too. I love the fresh morning air and just the stillness of the world. I hope your week is off to a great start and happy Wednesday! When is school out for you?

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You speak my language!!!! I love getting up and getting moving and coffee, LOTS of coffee!!!!! we don't wrap up until the end of June, which is okay as our summer weather really becomes consistent at that time. The only sad thing is that I have to be back mid-Aug. as an administrator and usually our August is the hottest month. Oh well, it's good that I have a job I love.

      Delete
  6. I totally agree about lounge-wear and the pandemic. And this cute PJ set it is indeed something Blair Waldorf would wear. I cannot believe it came from a grocery store! I heard they are soon lifting the restrictions in Canada, finally!

    Welcome by and join the linkup on Thursdays. Thank You. =)

    https://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2021/05/chiffon-pinklavendersky-blue-maxi-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lifting restrictions as we get more people vaccinated and in our province we are now slowly moving on to get 2nd shots as well!!!! I am so looking forward to it! I am hoping to be able to go see my sister and family by the end of June.

      Delete
  7. It is cute and tres chic! You look beautiful and I love your soft waves!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you. Two braids taken out. Lazy girls hack. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. This Pj set is so cute and the price point is great! Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute lounge wear! You look adorable!
    Thank you very much for your lovely comment a few weeks ago on my blog. I have been so stressed lately that I have only now been able to answer.

    xxxxx Nadine
    https://nadinecd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete