Monday 7 October 2024

What I Wore: Summer to Fall Transition Outfits

On Saturday I was floating in a pool and by Tuesday I was wearing mittens.  Crazy weather changes but the sunshine is back after a few cool days.


Yikes.  September disappeared in a flash friends.  Busy back to school, work, routine and fall photography have all been keeping me busy.  Now that we are firmly in the first week of October I can't believe the wonderful weather we have been experiencing here in Sk.  A couple of days have required mittens and wool coats, but for the most part it's been unseasonably warm and it's continuing into this week as well.  I ended up switching out my "summer" for "fall" bucket just last weekend.  I love adding a trench coat, bomber jacket or my leather coat to my favorite summer outfits for added warmth.  Let's take a peek into some outfits I wore to work in September as we said goodbye to summer and hello to a warm fall. 

What are some fall 2024 fashion trends that you are excited to try?  What do I need to have in my closet this fall and in preparation for winter?













It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, so wishing all my Canadian friends much love as they gather with friends and family to celebrate how lucky we are to have one another.  My own family is going to split their time between time with my family, my in-laws and the cousins on one side, as well time with the just the four of us.  I feel extremely lucky to have my family close by in the same city as we are, and many good friends that keep us young at heart and always lend a shoulder to lean on.  Health, happiness, a roof over our heads, food on the table and love is all things to be grateful for.  Love you all and thanks for stopping by.  

8 comments:

  1. I love the blue and white floral skirt!!

    Jennifer
    https://curatedbyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't get out of summer and you are already into winter. What the???? Love all of your looks. I really like your sense of style - the pink lady jacket is calling my name, the denim skirt and tennies, the chambray dress and those adorable pumps. A+, my friend. Head of the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo kind. I feel like we would be good friends if we lived closer to one another.

      Delete
  3. So my chic looks here! You make me want to get a denim maxi skirt!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady. That means a lot coming from a chic lady like yourself.

      Delete
  4. Amen to that sista and happy Thanksgiving to you and your fam! Our fall has been so hot as well. Up until yesterday we had 95 degree weather. Today was a bit better but it’s looking like fall hasn’t gotten the memo. But setting that aside, you have so many cute outfits. Love, love, love your colorful floral and chambray dress!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I do love the extended warmth but your kind of warm has it's own pros and cons so I can appreciate that as it's own struggle. How's working outside of the home going?

      Delete