Friday 5 January 2018

Cozy Knits for Winter


What could be better suited for winter than  a poncho?!?  They truly are the perfect layering piece and when I came across this one at a local boutique on sale prior to Christmas I had to snatch it up.  I told myself that I could always give it as a gift, but deep down inside I always knew it was mine for keeps.  J  I linked a similar one here and here.  I love this look on any day but especially when it’s so frigid cold outside that it seeps into your bones and follows you indoors (this can happen often in this part of the world).  I styled it with some sleek, slimming pieces such as the OTKB and my favorite skinny black pants.  When you an over sized statement piece like this poncho, I feel everything else can be a little tighter and closer to your body as you don’t need/want to add any  any more bulkiness. 


As promised I am wearing only items from my closet all of January  I am posting my outfits on IG 3-5x/week using the hashtags #shoppedmycloset #wearingmycloset2018.  Follow along or join in the fun and save some $$.  





It's off to work on Monday for me,  Bye bye holidays :(  The good news is that we are getting some warmer temperatures so we can make the most of our last few family days together by enjoying the snow and the outdoors.  What are your weekend plans?


7 comments:

  1. love ponchos and love that colour combo on you! My problem with them though is what winter jacket do you wear over top??!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. The problem is real especially here. So I have my wool dress coat that I can actually wear comfortably over top but my 'winter' jacket is short and obviously the two look ridiculous together 😂. So usually I either take it in my work at and put on at work or under my dress coat. Wearing just a poncho -bigillion is just for pictures. Haha.

      Delete
  2. I like this combo! I looks warm and cozy. We're getting some warmer temps here, too! From my apartment I can see that the ice is melting on Lake Michigan.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The worst part of the cold is that we actually haven't had much snow. Our warm streak is ending in a couple of days and back to bitter cold 😂. Oh well at least the days will slowly begin to be longer. ☀️

      Delete
  3. A poncho with over the knee boots is a fabulous look. I love it on you pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie. I really like the simplicity of this look, plus I just really need to feel cozy when we are experiencing dreadful temperature drops.

      Delete
  4. Such a cozy poncho! Love

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete