Friday 19 January 2018

Fashion Friday: Mini Skirts and Winter Boots


Hello friends!  Every once in a while Saskatchewan winter days are warm enough to enjoy without a jacket, even if only for a few minutes.  This past week has not been as described above but looking at these pictures reminds me that better days are ahead and the frigid cold, -30C to -40C too shall pass.  It's really okay since I had a nasty, nasty spill on the ice a week ago and have been more or less resting on my back or attempting to hobble around, either way not a pretty sight.  Sigh.


As I have been working my way through my closet, seriously so many options in there, I gave this skirt a go.  I absolutely love a good cord/suede skirt in a rich brown color and I own both.  I needed to decide which one was going to stay and which one is going to go.  Well as much as I adore the cord skirt, with the cute little button details, I let it go because I discovered as I walked the material kept bunching up in all the wrong places.  Yes, I tried static spay but nothing.  Bye, bye skirt.  


Regardless I love how this outfit and color combinations turned out and I have since worn this same outfit subbing in my suede skirt, same result, LOVE.  These black booties, linked below, are work horses in my closet, especially for the office.  They are cheap, cheap, cheap and so comfortable (but I will admit they have no grip and I was wearing them when I slipped and did a number on my hip 😓) What I really think makes this outfit pop is the bright hues of blue and red in the blanket scarf.  Below I am linking up great options to recreate this look.  









Shop This Post:

Expression Booties (this years version)
Corduroy Button-Up Skirt (similar)
Ruffle Cold Shoulder Sweater (Wishlist item);
Blanket Scarf: Option #1; Option #2


Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  I hope it's warm enough, wherever you are, that you can get outside to get some fresh air and vitamin D.

6 comments:

  1. Ah you are so brave to wear a mini skirt in the snow!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. It's just how we roll around here. Winter is very much a part of our lives. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. You look adorable! You're so brave to have bare legs in the snow. I'm down in Kansas and I can't even handle tights when it's this cold. Lol, I'm always cold, though. Thank you for joining our link up today!

    -Adriele
    StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thanks. It's just how we learn to roll around here and we pretty much think it's spring as soon as we hit around the 0C mark. Thanks for stopping by and hosting the link-up.

      Delete
  3. I love this wrap! It's the perfect piece to polish off this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kallie. It really did add just the right amount of color to this fairly neutral outfit.

      Delete