Monday 4 March 2024

From This to That: Life Update

Well I am back from vacation and struggling to catch my breath.  Coming home from vacay and diving back into full-time work without any time to unpack, do laundry, get groceries, etc. is always a bit tricky, don't you agree?  Add on several delays, an unexpected overnight stay due to a misconnection, and getting hit with not only the cold but a MASSIVE snow storm that stopped our city.  Let's just say it's been a long 5 days.  So let's take a look at the life transformation that has happened in less than a week. 

From palm tree and beaches....








To brutal winter!  

Not only was it really cold when we arrived but then we endured a massive snow storm this past weekend.  We are used to snow but not like this and not all at once.  In my 18 years of teaching, we've ever called 2 snow days and yesterday was one.  We couldn't go anywhere and the city asked everyone to shut down and stay off the roads so that they could enact cleaning crews as quickly as possible.  




From cute bathing suits....





To snowsuits, Sorel boots, toque and mitts (and not to just look cute but to stay warm).




From relaxation....





To learning to snow blow and shoveling for hours.  

You guys, Logan left to spend the weekend with a buddy before the storm (my idea), but the result was that for the first time in my life I had to snow blow our three car driveway and shovel endless amounts of snow.  Now I've shoveled in the past but this was SOOOO much snow.  My dad was going to come but he couldn't drive to me because vehicles couldn't get through and he was stuck immediately.  But I did it and I am proud of myself and so grateful for all that my husband does for our family.  Also, I have no need to ever do it again, thank you very much.




In all honesty, life has been very good and I am happy to say that we are all happy and safe.  Back to regular routine tomorrow!  Also next Monday I'll be sharing the spring/summer PJ set everyone needs in their life.  

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you got sick! I was sick twice last month!

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sick! Sorry to hear you were.

      Delete
  2. From a warm beach to snow blowing, looking amazing in the bathing suite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. A drastic change for sure.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a contrast! Both the beach and the snow look beautiful though and you are quite cute in both settings! I can never take a good picture in a bathing suits so I am a little jealous of how good you look, lol! The snow blowing and shoveling probably gave you a little extra muscles: looks like hard work.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and usually I love snow but it seems a bit late to be getting a huge dump. Lol.
      Oh man, bathing suits and I have a rocky relationship at best, but thank you.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about the massive snow storm! Not the welcome back from vacation you wanted I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, did you get all that snow at once or did it storm for several days? It sure is pretty though. Do you like snow or are you hoping for Spring soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also been sick a couple of times in the past four months, once you're forced to be in full work mode you don't have much time to recover. I can imagine what it's like to go back to such cold after being on a warm and carefree vacation. :D


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete