Thursday 22 March 2018

A Little on the Flirty Side & Thursday Moda Link-Up

 
 

 

 

My usual Fashion Friday post is coming live to you one day early this week as I co-host with the wonderful Ada over from Elegance & Mommyhood.   This is the second time Ada has invited me to co-host her Thursday link-up party with her in the past year and has showed me a tremendous amount of support since I've started my blog.  Ada, mom to the sweetest 5-year old girl named Vivian, who also makes a lot of appearances on the blog. This blog showcases Ada’s personal style as a mom, a woman on the go and as a career woman. She often shows Mommy+Mini Outfits of her and her daughter. It is also a blog about real life updates, current events and her poetry. Ada has been running her successful Thursday Moda linkup every Thursday for two years straight. She can be found on InstagramBloglovin and Pinterest. She thanks you for joining her linkup, today, and welcomes you back!

 

 

One of the color combination that really caught my eye this year while perusing Pinterest was moss green, light blue and mauve.  I had the idea to put the moss green with my chambray top for a cute transition into spring look.  Unfortunately the day I was going to take pictures also happened to be the day right after we had a massive dump of snow :)  To see this look with little booties and a more  appropriate office version, click HERE. 

 

For a fun little twist, I decided to tie a front knot in my chambray shirt.  Generally, I am on the shy side when it comes to showing my mid-riff but I think it's pretty cute and still age appropriate.  The knot dresses the classic pleated skirt down a bit and makes it just a tad flirty.  This outfit makes me feel young and carefree, which is not my regular state of mind these days.  Heehee.

 

I am very much looking forward to swapping my winter closet out and bringing in my spring wardrobe, which I started doing this past weekend.  I am ready to say hello to color, bight florals, open toed shoes, flats, and light layers. 


Shop This Post:

Pleated Moss Skirt (Simons; similar)

Chambray Shirt (AE; similar)

Crossbody Purse

 

 

LINK-UP WITH US BELOW!

 
 



25 comments:

  1. You look great in this outfit and I must say I love it too - the pleats, the chambray and the mid riff. I hope your week is going well so far. Happy one more day before Friday! Lol 😂

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! Another weekend behind us and a short week ahead. Happy Monday!

      Delete
  2. I love the color combination, too! The skirt is such a perfect length on you - I think pleated midi skirts are a bit overdone, but yours is refreshing and different! So happy that you're co-hosting Ada's linkup. Let me know if you ever want to co-host on Mondays with me!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxanne. I would be honored to co-host with you sometime. Let's connect over IG soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I do love pleats. Can't wait to buy a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! I absolutely adore that pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. It's nice to imagine that soon there will be no need for tights or nylons. I love dress/skirt weather!

      Delete
  5. I adore this color combo!! I have a skirt like this in a blushish pink, so maybe I'll try the combo too!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do! I would love to see it! Blush pink is my favorite color.

      Delete
  6. You look amazing! I love the pleated skirt and the denim top knotted is perfect! I love the whole look!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. YOu are always inspiring my looks so I take that compliment with high regard.

      Delete
  7. I adore the pleated skirt! Perfect length to be flirty and fun without being too revealing! And the color combination is spot on!

    Elizabeth | http://nattygal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Elizabeth. Usually I wear it to work and the length is perfectly appropriate and then I spiced it up for play. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I did my closet swap last weekend, and then today it snowed! Sigh. This is a great outfit - love the color combo and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh. I feel you. I tried to swap my closet but quickly became aware of the fact that the weather wasn't going to let me fully do that just yet. I will just have to live vicariously through people who are already enjoying the spring weather.

      Delete
  9. I loved having you as my co-host this week and thank you for all the kind words, too. You couldn't have styled your denim/chambray shirt any better. Love that pleated moss skirt so much. Over the Summer last year, I did a very similar summery version of this look but with a knotted tee instead. I hope you got a chance to read my post too, so welcome by.

    Have a great weekend Bo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for inviting me. I had an absolute blast and enjoyed seeing so many peoples outfits. You've created a very successful link-up girl!

      Delete
  10. I just love this outfit from top to bottom! I am so into tie waist tops right now and I just love that pleated skirt and the neutral moss color, it will be so versatile!! I was reading your intro and just wanted to say that I love running, too!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, you seem to do it all. I adore your style, and really appreciate that you are a mom doing it, and then your crafty side is just unreal to me. Love it all, can't get enough. What is your favorite distance?

      Delete
  11. You look so cute! I love that pleated skirt!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I appreciate you stopping by. :)

      Delete
  12. Lovely outfit. I love pleated skirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see your blog, I adore the skirt and colour too. Great mix with the sparkles and denim. I've love you to join my #chicandstylish #linkup on a Thursday. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete