Friday 16 March 2018

Spring 2018 Needs and Wants List

 

Hello everyone.  On Wednesday, I released a Tween Easter Basket Ideas List and today I am focusing on my own needs/wants wish list for spring 2018.  I started to compile a list of things I NEED to replace and things that I really WANT to add to my closet.  I am Type A and lists are my thing.  They keep me from nickel and diming my monthly budget on things that aren't a priority to me and keep me focused when I become overwhelmed by all the choices in the store or online.  I took off January and February off from shopping and only shopped my closet and now I am back with my monthly budget of $100.  In less then a month I am going to Portland for a learning experience and also I will have an opportunity to do some shopping!!!!   This little list should keep me on track while shopping over the next couple of months.  Here we go!

 

Let's look at what I NEED  for spring. 

 

1.  White Jeans.  Mine ripped  a year and a half ago and I haven't replaced them.  I know, I know, that's crazy.  My plan is to get myself over to ON and get a pair of their Rock star jeans because the price is right, and I love their high-waist fit. 

 

Rock Star White Jeans ON

 

 

2.  Nude Heels.  These are a staple in my closet.  They go with everything and I wear them on a weekly basis to work.  Dresses, jeans, dress pants, pencil skirt, etc.  I can't live without a pair.  My favorite hands down pumps are the Nine West mid-heel. 

 

 

 



Nine West Nude Pumps

 

 

That's it for NEEDS, other than a new bra and bikini, which I am not ready to shop for yet.  Now onto the WANTS.  I WANT, I WANT, I WANT....

 

1.  Straw bag.  Yes, I am in love with this trend and this is one of my splurges for the spring.  I originally wanted the straw bag but wasn't able to ship it to Canada, so I found this great alternative from Zara!  I have ordered it and can't wait to get it next week (fingers crossed).  Zara now has free shipping and returns in Canada.  Oh happy day.

 

 

 Bamboo Handbag; Zara Straw Bag

 

 

2.  Statement Sleeves and Stripes.  This is my other March purchase from the Bay as it was on sale.  I really wanted a wrap shirt with an oversized bow.  This one has much more than that.  It has bow on the back, fun stripes, embroidery and balloon sleeves.  Oh man, I hope it looks good on me. 

 

 

 

 

I.N.C Embroidered Wrap Shirt;   Option 2: Free People

 

3.  Denim skirt.  I finally caved last year and got rid of two of my denim skirts.  One was more an office type of denim skirt that was just too big, and the other I picked up for a country concert that I absolutely loved but it always felt a little snug and therefore made me feel self-conscious about my body.  This year I want to purchase one that's just right, not too big, not too small, but just the right size for me.

 

 Zara Denim Skirt; Option 2: Zara Fringed Denim Skirt

 

4.  Colored denim.  I saw these lavender jeans at the Gap Outlet store on the weekend while shopping with my mom.  I didn't try them on but intend to go back and pick them up probably with my April spending $.  I can just see well they would pair with my new wrap shirt. 

 

 Gap Outlet Colored Denim

 

5.  SHOES.  I love shoes.  So I want a pair of mules and bright flats.  I found these great options at the Bay but I think I am going to hold off on purchasing them until I go on my trip.  As mentioned above my favorite shoes are Nine West so if I can score some good deals at their outlet store while on my trip, I would be a very happy girl. 

 

Rose Mules; Nine West Flats

 

6.  Statement earrings.  I am all over fun, colorful, bold, ball earrings this year.  And also colored tassel earrings.  They are such an inexpensive way to add a pop of color to any outfit and with the price being right, I don't mind if I only wear them for a couple of months or for many.   

 

Amazon.com

 

6.  Wrap/ruffle dress.  Okay this isn't for me, but for everyone else.  Dresses are my favorite, next to rompers, to buy.  The truth is I DON'T NEED anymore spring dresses in my closet but if I did, this is the one I'd be drawn to. 

 

 

Floral Wrap Dress; Option 2: Design Lab Floral Wrap Dress  

 

 

What are your needs/wants for spring/summer? 

What have I missed? 

Oh, and tell me you favorite place to buy a bathing suit. 

 


 

6 comments:

  1. Great pieces for spring, I could see myself wearing these, my favorite pieces are the pink mules and the bamboo handbag!

    ~xo Sheree
    poshclassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That bamboo bag is amazing, I was so sad when I couldn't order it but the mules are coming home with me 😊

      Delete
  2. I am loving all the brights and florals that are out- can't wait to get them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love florals too. The one thing I forgot here is, I really want to find a longer , floral kimono. If you see one locally let me know.😉

      Delete
  3. Great picks for spring. I love the shoes and earrings. Pink has captured my heart lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress! I think I need that too, and like you I don't need ANY more dresses haha. I've been trying to replace my white jeans for a couple of years now.

    ReplyDelete