Sunday 4 February 2024

Monochromatic Brown Office Outfit



Brown has been going strong since fall and today I showcasing how to play with shades of brown to create a monochrome outfit for a business casual outfit.  I love this light brown, "desert brown", with black spots, blouse.  It's sleeves are cute and flirty, and the fabric is so lovely and blowy that it's perfect for tucking into pants or skirts for a polished business casual look.  These pants were in my teens donation pile and I snagged them and added them to my closet, thank you very much.  I also love my cinnamon brown purse that I received as a gift from Annborsa last year and it's the best quality leather ever.  Add gold jewelry and a lovely white wool coat to polish off the look.  What do you think?

This past weekend, Mr. and I went for a quick getaway just the two of us to our cabin.  It was a much ne4eded weekend for just the two of us and I am so grateful that the girls were able to hang with my parents and their friends.  If you follow along on IG, you know that we read, slept, got outdoors for walks, a long run, and just enjoyed each others company.  I didn't even know we needed it until we were there.  It was BLISS.

What's your favorite monochromatic look to create?









Shop This Look:

Shein Top

Pants (similar on Shein)

Hillberg & Berk gold earrings &herringbone necklace

Aritiza coat (similar)


13 comments:

  1. I love the shades of brown together!

    Jennifer
    Curated by Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! I love the top and the various shades of brown. That's great you were able to get away. It's always nice when you can work the time in and it ends up being just watch you needed. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had another busy but really good week, thanks. I do love having things just come together. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Ooo i like this brow looks I like the mixing of all the different shades of brown. Good job!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am so happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  4. Love a monochromatic look. You look just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the brown here: I barely have some in my closet but I did just buy a brown tank bodysuit that I know I will wear a lot. Glad you had a weekend away, I need that soon!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these puff sleeves - so fun!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fabulous outfit. I love those puff sleeves on your blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these shades of brown. What a chic look! I saw it on Instagram and fell in love with it.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puff sleeves always make me happy and I love brown tones. Ohh, your weekend away sounds so nice! Brian and I have a spouses invited work trip coming up in Scottsdale and I'm excited for that, because we're going to add on a day for us to hang out! Gotta go for it when you can! Your cabin looks like such a peaceful place.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the brown color trend and this look is gorgeous! Glad you were able to get away!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete